Our vision statement can be captured by three words: Build, Reach, Make.
We seek to Build the Body of Christ.
The Bible tells us that it takes the whole Body of believers to do the work of the church (Ephesians 4:11-16), not just the “professional” Pastor. So we encourage everyone to use their gifts and put them to work in many ways across the church Body. The Pastor is there to equip the church and help people discover their gifts, teaching them from God’s Word and reminding them about Every Member Ministry.
We seek to Reach people with the Gospel.
MBC gathers for a weekly Sunday Celebration, and then the church scatters to gather others in. In God’s strength we seek to promote the Gospel of all grace with our lips and our lives. It is God who gives the growth to His church, but He graciously chooses to use us in this endeavour. We want to reach people through local and global mission.
We seek to Make Disciples of Jesus.
Being a Christian is much more than just church attendance. Following Jesus must impact every compartment of our lives – work, family, friendships, school and university life, rest, play, hobbies, social concerns, and everything else! To be a disciple of Jesus is to invite Him to be Lord not only of the margins of your life, but at the very centre of your being. At MBC we want to be disciples of Jesus who are disciple-makers.
As a church of the Lord Jesus Christ, our values centre around Christ, the good news revealed in the Word of God, and living lives that honour Him.
- We value the Bible as God’s supreme authoritative Word
- We value biblical preaching that is Christ-centred, grace-filled and meaningful to our lives
- We value God’s compassion for the lost, desiring to point them to the Cross
- We value dependence on God’s promises in prayer
- We value Every Member Ministry, equipping people for service in Christ’s Body, strengthened in Him
- We value Global Missions and the gospel for all nations
- We value gathering regularly in celebration of God’s grace and goodness in Christ