We believe church life is not just about Sunday 12noon Lunch-Church. That’s why we get together in small groups. Our Fellowship Groups are forming and they meet weeknights in a family home for Bible study, prayer support and pastoral care. Fellowship Groups are a vital part of life at Molonglo Bible Church.
Illumin8 is our Friday night youth ministry for students in year 6 through to year 10. It’s a place where teens can ask the big questions of life, discover Jesus, make some great friends and have fun along the way. It is a combined youth group with Southside Bible Church.
Each Friday night we play games, share supper together, read the Bible and discuss what we have read in an attempt to better understand the character of God, the person of Jesus Christ, and ourselves. Each term we also have special events and recreational activities organised, and seek to refresh the youth in their school studies by creating a supportive, friendly and gospel-centred community.
The group is supervised by a team of Christian leaders who are intent on encouraging and teaching the youth each term through the words they speak and by their actions. All our youth leaders are Christians with a current ‘Working with Vulnerable People’ card and have completed Safe Ministry training.
If you have any questions, or wish to receive more information, please contact Rowan at email@example.com
Molonglo Cycles and Walks (MCaW)
This is a chance to explore the great outdoors and God’s beautiful creation in and around the Molonglo Valley region. Various events are organised for local residents – either walking or with a bike. Open to all and available to every age and ability (parents, children, young, old). A time to chat, get out and about, enjoy the area. The grade of the walks and rides are Easy to Medium.
More details: Contact Andrew at firstname.lastname@example.org
Our Statement of Commitment on child safety
Children have a special place in God’s kingdom. Jesus says that whoever takes the lowly position of a child is the greatest in God’s kingdom. He also has the harshest words for those who cause little ones to stumble (Matt 18:6).
Molonglo Bible Church takes seriously the Bible’s mandate to be proactive in the welcoming, spiritual nurture, protection, safety and care of those in our ministries – both adults and children. We recognise that children and young people are a valued and important part of the church family but they are potentially vulnerable. We affirm their right to feel safe, listened to and respected at all times.
As part of our Child Safe Policy we commit to:
- Ensuring all leaders and those who work with children sign a Partnership Agreement and Code of Conduct (except in exceptional and temporary circumstances)
- Ensuring all leaders are appropriately screened and have their background’s checked before appointment
- Ensuring leaders and team members are trained to promote the safety and well-being of children and young people
- Ensuring that policies and procedures are in place to handle disclosures, allegations of abuse and inappropriate behaviour
- Ensuring that all leaders receive ongoing support in performing their roles within Molonglo Bible Church
- Ensuring that Molonglo Bible Church provides safe environments for all activities involving children and young people